Learn to draft

Drafting Basics 1 - Online Course

Patterns and Pattern-making

Sale on paper patterns ends today, March 30 2012. Get yours in by midnight GMT, or a couple of hours after, and as long as the check-out registers the discount, your order will still be processed :)

Did you know that my PDF patterns are now available in print? As in, like the traditionally packaged paper patterns that you might buy from Butterick or Vogue.



Actually, mine aren't all that traditional. For one, the patterns proper are printed on sturdy white paper, not on thin tear-able tissue (that's traditional). And B, the instructions are printed in booklet form, not on a large sheet of newsprint that you have to turn this way and that, and flip up and down, to read.



And in celebration of moving my operations back home. I am having a half-off sale of the paper patterns for a limited time only! If you'd like to see what that looks like, please follow the pattern links on the tab bar or on the side bar. Well, let's just make it easier for you...




The discount will be taken at checkout AND if you order more than one pattern, you get to enjoy combined shipping rates! - that is sometimes tempting, isn't it?. I ship internationally but please enquire for rates if your destination country is not listed.




I've discovered that I really enjoy pattern-making a whole lot more than sewing. There's something very satisfying behind the whole geometry of drafting. The parts simply MUST fit the whole and when it comes together perfectly (or with minimal tweaking), it's like getting an "A+", or an "Excellent" on an essay or assignment you swotted at.

And if you haven't already noticed, I am advertising my services for pattern-making (sheesh - saw that one coming!). So, if you'd like a pattern custom-made for your personal use, or for commercial/manufacturing purposes, you might want to drop me a line or two :) My rates (flat, not hourly) and I are very reasonable to work with.

Cheers!




Comments

  1. I want to say that these patterns are really impressive! The resume writer service is very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

It is always a treat to get a comment! Thanks for yours :)